A few years ago, electric scooters for kids became the biggest hit. Although these scooters were originally finicky, bulky, and heavy, these products have come a long way. The advancements incorporated into kids’ electric scooter designs have made many parents consider purchasing one for their children.
However, there are many options on the market, which can make it incredibly challenging to find the right one for your child. As a parent, you don’t have the time or energy to search through this massive market to find a suitable kids’ electric scooter. We understand that you have more pressing issues to take care of, which is why we have done all the hard work for you.
Our best electric scooters list is specifically constructed to help you find the right product. Continue reading to find out everything you need to know.
What Are the Best 10 Electric Scooters for Kids?
Electric scooters are exceptional fun for children of all ages. The beauty behind an electric scooter is that it doesn’t involve much effort to ride, which can encourage your children to use these units more often and spend extended periods outdoors.
The many benefits gained from purchasing a scooter for kids have caused the market to overflow with options. This means you have the pick of the litter when it comes to an electric scooter for your children. Nonetheless, all these options can also prove to be extremely stressful and might leave you feeling overwhelmed. That’s why we have searched far and wide to find the best options currently available on the market. Here are our top 10 picks:
#1 Razor E100
This Razor E100 model can reach a top speed of 10 miles per hour, making this electric scooter best for younger kids and first-time riders. The weight capacity is also limited to fit a younger age range.
- Features an aluminum deck and all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use.
- Up to 60 minutes of continuous use.
- Lightwhight 24.89 lbs (11 kg).
- No bells or reflectors.
#2 GoTrax GKS
This kids scooter is the perfect ride for children if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option. The back and front-wheel additions are made from solid rubber for added durability while the brake system ensures exceptional safety.
- It remains at a steady speed while still climbing.
- Plenty of foot space is offered with the long and wide deck.
- Its max speed isn’t too fast even when traveling downhill.
- It’s quite bumpy when riding on uneven surfaces and larger cracks.
- It requires more assembly than other models.
#3 Huffy Bubble Scooter
If you’re purchasing a scooter for a toddler, this is the right choice for you. The rider weight capacity is limited to accommodate younger children while the bubbles offer a fun addition, setting it apart from scooters for older kids.
- It makes bubbles while riding, making it an excellent option for younger kids.
- The non-slip deck is included to enhance safety and stability.
- It can be used as an ordinary scooter when the battery dies.
- The battery doesn’t last for very long and requires time to fully charge.
#4 Segway Ninebot E10
This scooter designed for kids is similar to the Razor e100 and Razor e300. However, the handlebar is better while the maximum weight limit is very generous. The frame and fork steel frame also provide enhanced durability.
- The bigger wheels and suspension system offer an exceptional experience while riding.
- The LED light indicator displays how much battery power you have left while the safety mode allows parents to set the scooter’s maximum speed.
- It climbs hills better than other models on this list.
- You can’t adjust the handlebar height.
- It only comes in one color.
#5 Razor Power Core E90
You can receive a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour on this scooter’s powerful motor. It has a weight limit of 120 pounds and also includes lead-acid batteries for longevity.
- The wide deck offers enhanced stability for more timid riders.
- It’s equipped with an easy push-button throttle and hand brake that stops the scooter rapidly.
- You receive a long riding time of up to 80 minutes.
- The motor is loud while it only travels at a top speed of 10 miles per hour.
- You can’t use it as a kick scooter because the motor creates too much resistance.
#6 Razor Power A2
This scooter offers a maximum speed of 10 mph with a convenient LED display to see your battery percentage and a foot braking system for easy stopping. It also includes a retractable kickstand.
- The adjustable handlebar height works to better fit kids with different heights.
- The foot brake offers excellent stopping power while traveling at 7.5 miles per hour.
- This model can be used as a kick scooter without the battery.
- The shorter deck offers less room for your feet.
- It includes narrow handlebars while the push button is tiring on your thumb.
#7 Mongoose React E2
The larger 6-inch pneumatic tires of this scooter offer a more comfortable ride while holding up to 120 lbs. It also includes a rear fender brake style for added convenience.
- You receive a quiet motor and wide deck for added stability.
- It’s simple to use with a generous weight capacity.
- The fender brake is more straightforward to engage than other models.
- These handlebars are narrow and can’t be adjusted.
#8 Razor E100
This amazing model can hold up to 120 lbs while you receive 40 minutes of continuous cruising around. Its design is especially well-liked by older kids while the scooter can travel more than 7.5 mph.
- This model is constructed by a well-established brand.
- The rear foot brake offers a smooth ride.
- It’s equipped with a kick-start motor for easier starting.
- Too much resistance is created because of the chain-driven motor.
#9 Swagtron Swagger 8
The LED lights offer added visibility while reaching speeds of 15 miles per hour. You also receive front and rear wheel spring damping suspension for an easier riding experience with this scooter.
- This model comes with three different maximum speed settings (speed: 10 mph, speed: 15 mph, and speed: 5 mph).
- The suspension, high torque, and twist-grip throttle offer excellent performance.
- It’s best for riding on dirt or grass.
- The screw-on grips can come out of place while you’re riding this electric scooter.
#10 Razor Pocket Mod
This electric scooter is equipped with 12-inch air-filled tires that offer exceptional support when riding. Moreover, the hand brake of this kids scooter ensures you can easily stop if you need to do so while also holding an impressive weight of 170 lbs.
- The excellent brake provides unmatched stopping power.
- It’s equipped with wide handlebars.
- This scooter includes a storage compartment under the seat for transporting any small items.
- The assembly is more challenging than other models.
You can purchase an electric scooter for kids that’s equipped with exceptional safety features. However, this electric scooter can still cause harm if your child doesn’t also wear the necessary safety accessories. When using this electric scooter with the proper safety measures, you should always remember to use helmets, knee pads, and other safety gear.
If your child does fall off this scooter, you want to provide your child with the right additions to protect your kid. This helps prevent your child from suffering a severe injury. Although these electric scooters are easy to ride, you can expect your child to fall off a few times, as they learn their way around it. Wearing a helmet ensures you reduce the risk of something terrible occurring during one of these expected falls.
Wrapping It Up
Finding an electric scooter for your kids doesn’t have to be a horrible experience. When you identify the right features your kids need and what you wish to gain from this purchase, you can easily identify the right electric scooter for your child.
Nonetheless, the most important thing you need to consider when investing in these kids electric scooters is that it offers exceptional safety aspects. Luckily, all of these products included in our list align with this and offer exceptional safety when your kid is learning to ride. Additionally, a good battery life ensures that your kid can ride an electric scooter for more extended periods, as opposed to lower-quality batteries.