Self-balancing kids’ hoverboards have become a massive trend that every child wants to follow. You might be searching to find the right electric scooter for your kid, but the market is filled with various options to choose from, making it difficult to decide.
Your life is already busy enough as a parent. The last thing you need is the added stress of finding a suitable electric hoverboard that offers the best value and ensures adequate security and stability for your child.
Luckily, we have conducted extensive research through the entire market to bring together the best kids’ hoverboard options currently available. Continue reading to find out everything you need to know.
What Are the 10 Best Hoverboards for Kids?
Generally speaking, most self-balancing scooters and hoverboards can be used by adults and kids alike. It’s advantageous to purchase a self-balancing hoverboard that the whole family can use. However, there are many options available designed specifically for kids, which are engineered for added convenience.
It can be challenging trying to find the best hoverboard for kids. That’s why we’ve done all the hard work for you. Here is our list of the 10 best hoverboard options to help you decide:
#1 Razor Hovertrax 2.0
Possibly one of the most well-liked hoverboards on the market, this Razor is equipped with many amazing features. You can reach eight miles per hour when using this hoverboard while the battery life ensures your kids continue riding for extended periods. The dual motors help offer a more consistent ride.
- You receive additional room for your feet.
- It’s self-balancing.
- It offers an excellent design.
- The design isn’t water-resistant.
- No Bluetooth is offered.
#2 TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard
The powerful motor and maximum speed of this Tomoloo Hoverboard offer exceptional value for money. One of the most well-liked features of this model is the built-in Bluetooth speakers, which offer convenient listening while riding around.
- A maximum weight capacity of 265 lbs.
- It boasts a charge time of two hours.
- You can control everything with your smartphone.
- It isn’t the fastest model.
- The small wheels included in the design aren’t suitable for off-roading
#3 Megawheels Hoverboard
This hoverboard model is designed with a 600-watt motor for a robust ride while it can support as much as 220 pounds. The LED headlights help ensure this hover board provides exceptional vision even when riding in darker settings. Kids also love the Bluetooth speaker included in the design, allowing them to play music while they ride. All of these features make this road hoverboard a must-have.
- It offers a smooth and stable ride.
- You gain a 7.5-mile range.
- It comes at a low price with many excellent additions.
- The construction offers a three-hour charge time.
#4 SISIGAD Hoverboard
If you’re on a budget, this model is an excellent option. The weight limit is generous while the design includes color LED lights, adding to the appearance of this hoverboard. Moreover, it is UL 2272 certified for added stability. It also provides a top speed of 9 miles per hour.
- The design is lightweight.
- It’s equipped with self-balancing technology.
- It comes at an affordable price
- The design isn’t water-proof.
- The Bluetooth speakers aren’t of great quality.
#5 Gyroor Hoverboard Warrior
This hoverboard comes with a powerful motor that offers a decent speed limit. Its various riding modes help parents ensure safety while additional elements help provide a positive answer to your question: ‘Are hoverboards safe?’ The bright LED lights also promote visibility when riding in darker environments. Many customers have said that this model resembles the amazing LIEAGLE Hoverboard. However, the major difference is that this hoverboard comes at a far better price.
- The design includes powerful torque and dual 350-watt motors.
- This hoverboard charges in approximately 1 and a half hours.
- It ranges up to 9.5 miles.
- The construction is heavy and weighs almost 33 lbs.
#6 SWAGTRON SWAGBOARD Vibe
This SWAGTRON board is equipped with a lightweight design, which is what many people love about these SWAGTRON models. Battery indicators are also included for enhanced convenience. It’s a great option for new riders because of its learning modes, similar to the Swagboard Pro T1.
- It’s designed as a great quality hoverboard with Bluetooth speaker additions.
- You’re offered an exceptional range.
- Greater control is offered with the mobile app.
- The charging port is known for being flimsy.
- It isn’t waterproof.
#7 EPIKGO Self-Balancing Scooter
Most hoverboards are equipped with wheels of 6.5 inches. However, this model has 8.5-inch rubber tires, offering added comfort while riding. The board also comes with an extended battery life and well-placed LED lights for enhanced vision. You also receive a 300-watt dual motorized system for robust speed.
- The design can handle 18-degree inclines.
- It’s equipped with large 8.5-inch tires.
- You gain a 12.1 MPH max speed
- It might be a little heavy for some children.
- It comes at a hefty price point.
#8 TOMOLOO V2 Hoverboard
This TOMOLOO board is equipped with a quality battery that offers decent riding while you don’t need to sit for long periods waiting for it to charge. All of this is available while not compromising on speed. The non-slip board also provides enhanced comfort, making it a great addition to any family. Its durable design and exceptional performance are what set the board apart from other models on this list.
- The design includes exceptional performance.
- It’s equipped with a durable construction.
- The product is IPx4 waterproof
- It might take some time for kids to get the hang of riding this scooter.
#9 SWAGTRON SWAGBOARD T5
Are you looking for consistent and reliable speed? If so, this SWAGTRON board is the right option for your kid. It includes a smartphone app for greater control. The design also offers a sleek and stylish appearance that many kids love. The high-quality additions offered in this design make this unit an excellent investment.
- It’s equipped with a lightweight design.
- The construction includes battery indicators.
- A learning mode is offered for new riders.
- Not many features are included in its construction.
- It might be too slow for some kids.
#10 SEGWAY miniPRO Smart
This SEGWAY hoverboard is a must-have with its UL 2272 certification and durable 6.5-inch wheels. These features offer stability and comfort while riding. It also comes with a smartphone app to provide easy control and a lithium-ion battery for a long-lasting and smooth ride.
- The design includes powerful motors.
- This hoverboard is equipped with adjustable knee pads.
- It includes a smartphone app.
- It weighs approximately 28 lbs.
- The design includes a four-hour charging time.
- The top speed isn’t very fast.
Don’t Forget – Safety First
You can purchase a hoverboard for kids that offers exceptional safety features. However, this self-balancing scooter can remain incredibly dangerous if you aren’t including the necessary safety accessories. When employing the right hoverboard safety, always remember to use helmets and other safety gear.
In the event of a crash, you want to protect your kid from suffering a severe injury. Although these self-balancing scooters are easy to ride, you should expect your child to fall off a few times. Wearing this helmet ensures you reduce the risk of something bad happening during this fall.
Wrapping It Up
A hoverboard is an excellent gift for your kid that can boast a futuristic look with LED lights and Bluetooth speakers. Your kid is bound to be the coolest in town while traveling in safety and style. Additionally, this hoverboard for kids offers a great way to get outdoors and spend time together as a family.
The products mentioned above are excellent considerations to help you identify what hoverboard is right for your specific child. Nonetheless, it’s vital to remember that no matter what product you decide to choose, you should ensure that this hoverboard is UL 2272 certified for added safety.